Are you in search for the best hair straighteners in India? Then we are here to cater to all your needs!!
Everyone is not blessed with naturally straight and smooth hair so some of you have to go that extra mile to look your stylish best. Hairstylists or beauty salons might not be at your disposal all the time so in that case, you and only you can fend for yourself.
If you think permanent hair straightening can solve the purpose then you are sadly mistaken and those beautiful beachy waves shall forever remain your fantasy. Fret not! Best hair straighteners are there to your rescue. They come quite handy to pull off silky straight hair look occasionally.
By investing in a good quality hair straightener, you can alter your looks to your heart’s desire right in the comfort of your home. A hair straightener not only restricts you to straighten your hair rather you can crimp, curl, build instant volume, and get beachy waves too.
For detailed information, you can refer to our BUYING GUIDE.
Now you must be wondering which hair straightener should you opt for as there is a wide variety of choice. So to make things easier for you, we have done extensive research and curated a list of top 9 best hair straighteners in India. All you have to do is just dig into this list and voila! You’ll end up buying nothing less than the top-notch product.
Best Hair Straighteners in India
- Keratin infused ceramic coating for shiny, smooth, frizz-free hair
- Silk ProCare to minimize heat damage on hair.
- ThermoProtect technology which maintains even temperature across the brush to prevent overheating
- temperature settings (170°c & 200°c) to suit your hair type
- SlikProtect technology for optimized temperature and minimized damage
- Quick and smooth styling with ceramic plates infused with titanium allowing for fast heat transfer and smooth gliding through the hair
- 2 professional temperature settings- higher temp setting for long lasting results and lower temp setting for quick touch ups and gentle styling
- Long plates for better and fast straightening; Long plates : 20x90mm. Hair straightener fast heat up in 60 seconds
- Ceramic coated heating plates, Swivel cord: 360 degree
- 2 year guarantee
- Adjustible Temperature settings-150°C to 230°C
- Digital temperature display
- 2 year Guarantee
- Ceramic coated plates , Cord Length :1.8 m , Number of Temperature Settings: 1
- Highest temperature is 190 degree Celsius
- Perfect results with minimal damage to the hair
- ↬ 2 in 1 Hair Straightener The perfect hair styling accessory: This hair stiller will make you look like a diva in minutes. With this hair stiller you can get straight, sleek and fine hair or wavy, glossy and bouncy hair.
- ↬ Easy to use ergonomically designed, this advanced hair straightener is extremely easy to us. All you have to do is glide your hair through the teflon ceramic coated plates. Its 360-degree rotating cord ensures that each and every strand of your hair is styled.
- ↬ Want a temporary change then bring home this 2 in 1 hair styler. With this hair styler, going wavy to straight or straight to wavy is no big deal. So flaunt your beautiful and polished hair.
- ↬ 2 In 1 the perfect hair styling accessory this hair styler will make you look like a diva in minutes with this hair style you can get straight.
- Multi-purpose use
- Corded device and hair straightener
- 1.6 cord length
- Country of Origin: China
- Health care for your hair: this hair brush straightener works in a low temperature which won't damage our hair, anti-static technology reduces the amount of negatively charged particles during styling. Diminish frizz and fly while boosting style control
- Health Care for Your Head: This digital hair straightener is adventure combination for hair straightener and combs, making a beautiful hair and a health care massage for your head at the same time
- Multi-Functions: 2 in 1 function, merge the ceramic iron straightener, detangling brush, anion hair massager together, gives you a comfortable experience during straighten your hair
- Faster Straightening Styling: This straightener brush design for reaching an ideal in seconds. Just few seconds, it'll make your hair straighten faster.
- 2 Years Manufacturer Warranty
- Easy lock system, 360° Swivel cord with 2 m cord
- 3 in 1 hair styler (Straightener, Curler, and Crimper )
- Ceramic coated plates
- HAVELLS KERATIN HAIR STRAIGHTENER
- Ensures healthy and shiny hair
- Wide plates for greater control over styling long & thick hair
- Keratin smooth straightening ensures healthy & hydrated hair cuticles
- Dryer With Hot & Cold Feature & 2 Speed Setting.
- Straightener Quick heating in 15 seconds for quick styling
- Straighter is 1.8 m swivel cord technology that avoid unnecessary tangles
- Ceramic plate hair straightener with ON/OFF Switch
Best Hair Straighteners in India – Buying guide
Undoubtedly, there’s no dearth of hair straighteners in the market. They are available in a number of sizes, shapes, and materials. But, picking up the apt one for your hair can at times prove to be a herculean task. You wouldn’t want to lighten your pocket over something that can ditch you in no time. So, scroll down to decide how to make a wise decision and bring home a quality product that can last you for years.
Know your hair type
Buying a hair straightener without fully being aware of your hair texture would be a rookie mistake.
- Fine/Thin hair – This type is most prone to damage. Fine hair can be straightened with ease without the need of much heat. So, hair straighteners with temperature control options should be preferred.
- Thick hair – Hair straighteners that come with high heat settings and broad plates are best suited for thick hair as they would allow you to finish the task in just one or two strokes. Using a flat iron with a low-temperature setting and thinner plates can damage the hair cuticles because the same section of hair would have to be dealt with over and over again.
- Curly/Frizzy hair – This type is most difficult to tame but hair straighteners with wider plates can make lives easier.
- Damaged hair – If you have damaged hair, it is actually best not to use any hair straightener at all. But if you still want to, then go for one with rounded edges and multiple heat settings which can protect your hair from any further damage. And you also cannot afford to forget using a heat protectant before straightening your strands.
Recommended Readings: How to Straighten curly hair – the right way
Just by choosing the right shape of a hair straightener, you can modify a simple flat iron into a multi styling hair tool. Instead of investing in a product with sharp edges, you should pick the one with slightly rounded plates and outer edges which will not only prove to be user friendly but will work wonders as a curling iron too.
Pick the apt plate type
- Solid Ceramic plates – They are well known for their even distribution of heat. Ceramic hair straighteners hold and control heat for long, preventing your hair from getting exposed to too much heat. People with frizzy fine/thin hair should choose ceramic plates to attain a sleek and frizz-free look.
- Ceramic coated – Thay can solve the same purpose as that of solid ceramic straighteners but the coating withers away over time and leads in damaging the hair.
- Keratin-infused ceramic hair straighteners –They are suitable for all hair types. They lock the moisture and help to preserve the natural protein thus, resuscitating your hair.
- Tourmaline ceramic/Ionic – These hair straighteners do the trick for people with damaged hair. They use ionic and infrared technology wherein these plates produce negative ions keeping the frizz at bay and also adding shine to your hair. Such straighteners work like a charm even at a lower temperature thereby, causing minimal damage.
- Titanium plates – Flat irons with titanium plates are capable of heating up even faster than a ceramic plate. They maintain a constant temperature and can make straightening less time-consuming. They are the most expensive ones and so, one does not need to invest in these until you have extremely curly hair.
Look at the plate width
Your hair type plays a pivotal role in determining how wide the plates of your straightener should be.
- Slim plates of 1” – best suited for fine short hair.
- Medium plates of 1.5” – ideal for curly shoulder-length hair.
- Wide plates of 2” to 2.5” – apt for long and thick hair.
Different hair types require different heat settings to straighten them up. Hair straighteners with high temperatures can finish the deed a lot quicker as compared to the other straighteners but can burn your strands. In such cases, people with thin/fine hair have to be extra cautious. So, decide on a flat iron that can enable you to customize the temperature settings to suit your requirements.
If your hair straightener is under warranty then you are safeguarded and can refrain from indulging in any additional expense of repair. So, consider the products that are backed up by at least 1-2 years of warranty.
One would obviously be allured to buy a cheaper hair straightener as it can solve the same purpose as any of the expensive ones. But, we mustn’t forget that it’s the matter of our precious tresses. Using any low-quality product can result in damaging the hair. So, it’s safe and best to fetch a cost-effective good quality hair straightener that can last long and wouldn’t have to be replaced frequently.
The best hair straighteners can possess some extra features too. Consider the following to enjoy additional benefits.
- Auto-off – This is an essential feature that turns off your hair straightener after a specific period of time. So, in case you forget to turn it off after use then the auto-off option can save the day.
- Heat up time – This specifies the time taken by a flat iron to heat up. Good quality hair straighteners have less heat up time.
- Swivel cord – 360-degree swivel cord provides hassle-free handling of the hair straightener.
- Push-up button lock –A lock button that clips the plates together and compacts them for easy storage. This is very convenient for those of you who have been bitten by the travel bug.
- Wet to dry – These types of straighteners work on towel-dried hair. So, you don’t have to wait for your hair to dry in order to straighten them up. This feature uses a steam function to straighten and dry your hair simultaneously.
- Cordless – This is something that the globetrotters wouldn’t want to miss.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do hair straighteners damage the hair?
Inappropriate use of hair straighteners or using them too often can definitely prove to be detrimental. If you are straightening a particular section of hair over and over again then that can affect the hair follicles hence, leaving them dull and dried.
2. Can hair straightener be used everyday?
It’s actually not recommended to use a hair straightener on a regular basis but if you simply can’t do without it then you need to be extra-cautious. Investing in a heat protectant or natural oils can be a good solution but that too would fail to completely protect your hair.
3. How to choose one of the best hair straighteners?
With millions of options in the market, one is sure to be confused in choosing just the best one. The foremost thing is that you should be aware of your hair type. Consider the following factors while you purchase a hair straightener.
· Material of the plates
· Plate width
· Temperature adjustment option
4. How long will the hair stay straight?
Different products can bear different results. Some good quality hair straighteners can enable you to flaunt your sleek tresses till the time you wash them whereas, in other cases, the effect may only last for a few hours. A hair setting spray can also make the straightened effect last longer.
5. Do hair straighteners pose any side effects?
As it’s said that excess of everything is bad, the same goes for straightening too. So, if you are one of those who indulge in using hair straighteners on a regular basis or quite often then I am afraid, you can be left with fried hair. Dullness, frizziness, and loss of hair could also be some of the side-effects. But, occasional use can be harmless.
6. Can a straightener be used on wet hair?
All flat irons cannot be used on wet hair. Only the ones that come with wet to dry option can do the deed. Such hair straighteners use steam function to straighten and dry your damp hair.
7. Can i suffer from hair loss after using a hair straightener?
Frequent use of hair styling appliances can weaken the hair follicles resulting in hair loss.
8. Is it necessary to use a heat protectant?
You can do without a heat protectant if you style your hair occasionally. But, its highly recommended for everyday users. A heat protector or natural oils can form a layer over the hair cuticle that keeps the moisture locked.
9. What heat setting should i prefer?
There are two types of hair straighteners available, one that comes with fixed temperature and others with adjustable temperature options. So, one should always invest in a flat iron where you can control the temperature. Now, different hair types require different heat settings such as:
· Thin or fine hair- around 160˚C
· Medium wavy hair- 160˚C to 200˚C
· Thick, coarse curly hair- 200˚C to 220˚C
10. Which size of hair straightener would suit me best?
Hair straighteners come in varied sizes. The plate width ranges from ½” to 2.5” or more. You just have to keep in mind your hair length to choose the best-sized hair straightener for yourself. People with short hair can go for lesser width while the ones with thick and long hair can opt for wider plates.
That’s all folks! It’s finally time to say goodbye to all your bad hair days. So, what are you all waiting for, get the ball rolling and grab the best hair straightener. You can let us know all your queries and doubts in the comments below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Last update on 2021-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API