It has been rightly said by Virginia Woolf that “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not DINED well!!” Food is no doubt a mood changer. Good food has the power to transform your bad day into a magical one in no time.
We can’t deny that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but this also holds true for your other family members. So, only if you have the perfect kitchen tools at your disposal, you can easily kill two birds with one stone.
Gone are the days when cooking seemed to be a daunting task. These days, with the availability of multi hobs, women, and men are completely slaying it! One can prep 2-3 dishes simultaneously with the utmost ease.
If you are also looking for the best gas stove for your kitchen then look no further! Our curated list of 8 Best Gas Stoves in India (2020) can assist you to clinch the best deal.
Our buying guide at the end of this article will help you to know about the things to be considered while purchasing a gas stove and make your cooking experience worthwhile.
Best Gas Stoves in India
- Unique toughened glass , Spill proof design. Wear Resistant : Yes
- Product Dimensions: 67 x 34 x 11 cm
- High thermal efficiency
- Brass burner
- Unique toughened glass. Brass burner
- Spill proof design, Shape: Rectangle. High thermal efficiency.Support Mechanism:Rubber Legs
- Designer knobs. Uniquely designed pan support
- 360 degree revolving nozzle. Easy cleaning. Wear Resistant : Yes
- Heavy Duty Pan Supports for Stable cooking pots
- Designed to accommodate big utensils easily
- Royal black coating on the body for rust free long life
- Product meets the safety Standards of ISI and RoHS
- Ergonomic Design - For easy handling and Maintenance
- Spill Proof Design - For hastle free cooking and a Cleaner Kitchen
- Toughned Black Glass top - Resists Scratches and withstands everyday wear and tear
- Includes: 1 x Prestige IRIS LP Gas table (GTI 02 With powder coated Body, Glass top, 2 Brass Burners
- 6mm TOUGHNED GLASS: 6mm Beautiful black toughened glass top (thicker glass to last longer)
- 3 Burner Gas Stove Dimensions : 690X410X130 (mm)
- NYLON KNOBS: Ergonomically designed knobs with heat resistant nylon covers
- ANTI SKID FEET: Anti-Skid Feet for easy operations
- The stove is design configured for LPG gas stoves, for conversion to Pipeline connection (PNG), please call the pipeline gas distributor or the brand at the customer support number
- 6mm Beautiful black toughened glass top
- 4 Burner gas stove dimensions : 585X560X130 (mm)
- Ergonomically designed knobs with heat resistant nylon covers for extra protection and safety
- Sleek stainless steel body
- High efficiency cast iron burners
- Aluminium mixing tube
- Powder coated pan support;ISI approved; Warranty: 1 year
- 6mm toughned glass: 6mm Beautiful black toughened glass top (thicker glass to last longer)
- Tri pin gas brass burners: 2 High Efficiency Burners, Product dimensions : 57 cm x 29 cm x 9 cm (LxBxH)
- Nylon knobs: Ergonomically designed knobs with heat resistant nylon covers, Colour: Black, Material: Glass-top and stainless steel body
- Anti skid feet: Anti-Skid Feet for easy operations, 1 year warranty: 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 7mm Thick Beautiful Blue Shatterproof Toughened Glass Top (thicker glass to last longer)
- Tri Pin Brass Burner with Smooth Operating Wide Bakelite Knobs
- MS Frame & 68%+ More Efficiency for Gas Saving
- Anti-Skid Feet for easy operations & Easy to Clean
- Dimension: 60 x 33 x 11 cm ; Shape: Rectangle
- Material: Constructed using top-quality 304-grade stainless steel material with a glossy finish
- Burners: Equipped with two high-efficiency brass burners (1 Big and 1 Small) that ensure uniform distribution of heat on the utensils
- Stainless Steel Drip Tray: With no holes, the stainless steel spill-proof drip tray is designed to avoid any kind of spillage
Best Gas Stoves – Buying Guide
The purchase of a product like a gas stove might sound trivial, but there a lot of things which need to be taken into consideration. This will ensure that you select a gas stove which is best suited for your family, and you get the value for money.
Number of burners
The number of burners is one of the first things which should be considered while buying a gas stove. In India, the gas stoves come with burners ranging from 1-4.
While choosing for a family, generally a gas stove with either 3 or 4 burners works well. In some cases, people find it easier to work with the 3 burners stove compared to 4 burners. The reason being, for a 3 burner stove, the burners are placed next to each other. In contrast, with 4 burners gas stove, 2 burners are in front and 2 at the back.
Bachelors can go for a stove with 2 burners, or 1 burner in case cooking is only an occasional requirement.
The choice of the number of burners largely depends on the size of family and cooking needs. When in doubt, our recommendation is to choose a stove with 3 burners.
Types of Ignition – Manual or Automatic
The gas stoves in India come with two different ignition modes:
- Manual Ignition: In the manual ignition gas stoves, you need a lighted matchstick or a lighter to ignite the burner.
- Automatic Ignition: Gas stove with this ignition mode doesn’t need a lighter or a matchstick. It comes with an in-built auto-ignition which runs out of a battery. As soon as the gas knob is turned, it produces a spark which is used to ignite the gas.
Auto-ignition is a more latest and advanced technology and is certainly more convenient compared to the manual ignition mode. The latest cook-tops, hobs and gas stoves come with the auto-ignition feature.
The choice between the manual and auto ignition is largely personal. You can choose between the two based upon your budget and personal preference.
One should not forget to take the burner material into consideration while buying a gas stove. The type of burner material can impact the burner’s quality, durability, resistance to wear and tear etc.
Most of the latest gas stoves are made up of either brass or aluminium burners.
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. The brass burners are corrosion resistant and have an antique golden color. They also have superior durability and are resistant to wear and tear. Additionally, brass burners can distribute the heat more evenly compared to the other burners. The only drawback is that the brass burners come with a slightly higher price.
It is recommended to go with a gas stove with brass burners because it offers better durability and resistance to wear and tear.
Stove body and design
The traditional old design gas stoves come with a stainless steel body. Although the stainless steel body is durable and affordable, it does not have an aesthetically pleasing finish and design.
The modern gas stoves come with a glass top with an elegant black finish that complements the design of the contemporary kitchens. The glass used is a toughened glass which is quite resistant to day to day wear and tear.
Distances between burners
The distance between burners is a very important consideration while buying a gas stove with 3 or 4 burners.
The burners should have sufficient distance between them so that you can place utensils on the burners next to each other. There are also a few users who do not prefer the 4 burner gas stoves because the two burners are exactly behind the front burners leaving less space to accommodate all kinds of utensils.
Anti skid feet
Make sure that the gas stove that you are looking to buy has anti-skid rubber feet. This is one of the most important factors that one should keep in mind. This is because if the gas stove doesn’t have anti skid feet it is prone to move when you stir the food or apply pressure for smashing, and this can result in a disaster. After all, safety should be the utmost priority.
Best Gas Stoves – Frequently Asked Questions
Safety tips and precautions while using a gas stove
- Monitor carbon monoxide levels: One of the adverse effects of using a gas stove is that it emits harmful carbon monoxide. Higher levels of carbon monoxide can lead to headache, dizziness, nausea etc. So, make sure that you are cooking at a place which has sufficient ventilation. You can also purchase a carbon monoxide detector for your kitchen to monitor the carbon monoxide levels.
- You should clean the burners regularly. Accumulated oil, grease and dirt around the burners can be flammable and can cause accidents.
- If you feel that the gas is leaking and you can smell its odor, then immediately turn off the gas knobs and don’t light any flammable things nearby. Open the windows to expel the gas out of the kitchen.
- If you are unsure about how to connect the gas cylinder to the stove, then take help from the gas dealer. Ensure that at all times the cylinder and gas stove are properly connected and there is no leakage.
- Keep the utensil handles to the sides: The handles of utensils should not hang off the cook-top and should be turned to the sides. This will avoid accidental snapping of the utensil which can cause serious burns and injuries.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy: A fire extinguisher should always be kept in a kitchen which is using a gas stove. Should the need ever arise, use a fire extinguisher to put off the fire. Water shouldn’t be used in these scenarios.
- Always follow the instructions from the manufacturer and read through the operation manual at-least once.
This brings us to the end of reviews and buying guide of 8 best gas stoves in India (2020).We hope that our comprehensive research has proved to be effectual for you and made things easier. By now, you would have a clear picture of what all factors need to be kept in mind while buying a gas stove without contemplating.
So, what are you waiting for, just quickly buy your gas stove to eat some home-cooked spaghetti to forgetti your regretti.
In case you have any doubts regarding gas stoves, please feel free to drop a comment in the section below.
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API